Innovation Forum：Trends and Prospects of Future Cities
On April 14th, Plug and Play China and Schwarzman College of Tsinghua University co-hosted the “Innovation Forum: Trends and Prospects of Future Cities” offline event at the Roadshow Hall of Plug and Play China Beijing office.
Entrepreneurs, Schwarzman scholars, venture investors, and corporate leaders are invited and shared their insights and experiences on three themes: the future development of cutting-edge technology, ways to elevate the vision of today’s youth, and training talents for tomorrow.
They have anchored these three topics around metaverse, technological advancements, and digital intelligence during the panel discussion. Ideas on cultivating a globalized vision, fostering future industry development, and spotting talents are also exchanged at the same time.
At the beginning of this event, Mr. Chen ZHAO, managing partner and executive vice president at Plug and Play China, made an opening remark. He introduced the key guests who have attended and emphasized the value of this event. After his speech, five guest speakers voiced their views; this includes Ms. Pingting WEI, CEO of Archifiction, three Schwarzman scholars, and Mr. Qingzhong PAN, executive dean of Schwarzman College at Tsinghua University.
After the keynote speeches, there are two panel discussion sessions. The first one is on metaverse, which focuses on four topics:
(1) Reasons for the lack of a sweeping application of the metaverse;
(2) Research outputs from institutes in metaverse-related fields;
(3) Roles the metaverse may play in our life
(4) Obstacles encountered in Metaverse entrepreneurship.
During the second panel discussion on smart buildings and digital intelligence, the discussion lies its focuses on:
(1) Impact of 5G on technology development trends in buildings;
(2) Investment trends in real estate technology;
(3) Problems and solutions for entrepreneurs interested in the smart city; (4) Possible applications of self-driving cars and other related themes.